Sunday, March 11, 2012

Arbor axis koa

So It's getting about time to head to bed but I just have to write about this board since I was out and saw someone ride by with it, he joined me in a small sesh on my warm-up hill. Not only is this board absolutely beautiful looking from the koa in my opinion, but it's unbelievably stable down hills and sliding it was cake, the boards cut should be especially reminiscent for snowboarders with the sidecut. Also the axis's camber gives a slight-medium flex for those who enjoy more flexible boards but with the ability to tackle hills as well.

The Arbor axis Koa also has a drop through mount for better carving, sliding, and downhill performance, as well as a slight nose and kicktail (more of a hangover really) for shuv it's, and g-turns and such, although there are probably better boards for techier tricks. I was lucky and this guy had it set up with Paris Adam Coltons, bones ceramics, and some Orangatang in heat's. But I can tell you right now, you don't need this setup to have this board perform well, I would actually just recommend getting some randall 180's (not too fond of Paris, for my own reasons but you could get these also), any of the Orangatangs to suit your needs, and some bones reds, this is just my choice set up, but if you already know what you like then just throw it on and enjoy. I recommend this board to anyone looking for an awesome freeride, sliding, or light bombing board, with a bit of a different feel. Normally I don't feel as secure even with the slightest touch of flex but this board was extremely comfortable and stable even at somewhat high speeds. Also if you're a little strapped for cash this board can compete with the best of them, so this board is especially amazing for those looking for a first board, and will surprise even the oldest riders for the price that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment